Tuesday, April 1, 2008

[2008.04.01] My first WPF Application – a SOAP Form implementation

So right off the bat, let me say this is my first official WPF application. I think it's pretty apparent from the layout and color scheme! While art or design is not my strong suit, I did wanted a project that will utilize several technologies.

Here I have used, WPF 3.0, .NET 3.5, CLR 2.0, SQL Server 2008 Express + Management Studio, Visual Studio 2008 SP1, C# 3.0 - I hope I am not missing any.

The idea is to model a form used by Occupational Therapists to classify an incoming patient along the Subjective Objective Assessment Plan (SOAP) methodology. This application provides the therapist with an interface to retrieve a patient based on a unique identification number, fill in the necessary details and save the data back to the database. In order to save time, some of the fields in the application can be replaced with ListBoxes or ComboBoxes with preset values. In its current form, the application only allows the user to get and update a patient's record.

Again, since this is my first I didn't go all out and try to do it all in one go. There are too many files to post the code, so instead I will just give you a link to the whole solution set. Feel free to play with the file. Below are some images and a class diagram depicting what the general layout and feel for the project is.

[2008.04.01].01.class.diagram
Fig.1 SOAP class diagram

[2008.04.01].02.main.interface
Fig.2 Main interface

[2008.04.01].03.navigation
Fig.3 Navigation in WPF using Pages

[2008.04.01].04.mouseover.01
Fig.4 Mouseover 1

[2008.04.01].05.mouseover.02
Fig.5 Mouseover 2

[2008.04.01].06.about
Fig.6 About box

Click to download the project files

No comments: